Here are some of the funnier highlights of the Super Bowl commercials during the first half:
- Best Buy's 30-second ad in the first quarter starred Amy Poehler, of NBC's ``Parks and Recreation,'' asking a Best Buy employee endless questions about electronics.
``Will this one read `50 shades of Grey' to me in a sexy voice,'' Poehler asks about an e-book reader. When the staffer says no she asks, ``Will you?''
- M&M's showed its red M singing Meatloaf's ``I Would Do Anything For Love,'' and wooing beautiful women, but stopping short when they try to eat him.
- Doritos went for humor with two user-created spots. Winners of the ``Crash the Super Bowl'' contest included one about a Doritos-crazy goat. Another showed a dad playing princess with his daughter to get Doritos. His buddies catch him, but instead of making fun of him they join in the fun. ``Is that my wedding dress?'' says his wife when she sees them playing.
- Budweiser showed rival 49ers and Ravens fans each creating a voodoo doll for the other team with the help of a mysterious figure in a bar. ``It's only weird if it doesn't work,'' reads the copy.
- Mae Anderson - http://twitter.com/maetron
EDITOR'S NOTE - ``Super Bowl Watch'' shows you the Super Bowl and the events surrounding the game through the eyes of Associated Press journalists across New Orleans and around the world. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.