Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Atlanta - Crushing Philadelphia after the Eagles' bye convinced me: No one is better.
2. Chicago - Who needs Jay Cutler when you have a defense that scores like this?
3. Houston - The Texans win their division by the first of December. I haven't seen a race this easy to call since Secretariat ran the Belmont.
4. New York Giants - Warning: These Giants are better than the team that won Super Bowl XLVI.
5. San Francisco - Enough already. It's time to declare a moratorium on Alex Smith criticism.
6. Green Bay - As Aaron Rodgers goes, so goes the Pack ... and he's going great now, with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions the last three games, all of them victories.
7. Baltimore - That image in your rearview mirror is Pittsburgh, and, yes, the Steelers are closer than you might think.
8. Denver - Look at the schedule: The Broncos only have one opponent left with a winning record, and that's Baltimore. Look for them to keep moving up.
9. New England - They run. They pass. They score. And they win. Big. Yep, nothing has changed around the Patriots, not as long as Tom Brady is the guy taking snaps.
10. Pittsburgh - Somebody tell me again what the problem is with Todd Haley's offense. All I know is that Ben Roethlisberger seldom has looked sharper.
11. Detroit - Yeah, so this is a reach. Tell me who else to put up here. The Lions just saved their season for the second time in three weeks. Plus, they have Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson.
12. Miami - It doesn't matter who the quarterback is - Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore - these guys can't lose, and imagine what would've happened had Dan Carpenter hit one of those field goals the first time they played the Jets.
13. Seattle - Once I loved the Seattle defense. Now I don't trust it. It couldn't protect a fourth-quarter lead in Detroit, and it couldn't protect it twice.
14. Minnesota - The more Christian Ponder screws up, the more these guys are in trouble - and he's committing way too many mistakes now.
15. Dallas - Hey, it's a game of inches, and the Cowboys just found out. Mistakes, penalties, close calls, game management, you name it ... these guys seem doomed to be mediocre.
16. Philadelphia - Now it's Michael Vick who may sit down? Uh-oh, the seat is getting warm under coach Andy Reid. Make Monday's game in New Orleans a must-win.
17. Washington - Memo to Kyle Shanahan: Forget about RG3 as a wide receiver. He can't survive, and, frankly, neither can you.
18. Cincinnati - Until they prove they can beat Baltimore or Pittsburgh, the Bengals can't be taken seriously as playoff contenders.
19. Tampa Bay - The Bucs looked so good in Minnesota I thought Joe Madden was running the offense.
20. Indianapolis - Peyton Manning had three wins as a rookie. Andrew Luck has four ... after seven games. Just saying.
21. St. Louis - Now you know why the Rams opted out of returning to London in 2013-14.
22. Arizona - Just my opinion, but with their first three picks in next year's draft the Cardinals should choose offensive tackles.
23. Buffalo - All that money spent on defense, and so little return.
24. Tennessee - Just when you want to believe in these guys, they lose to Indianapolis ... at home, no less.
25. New Orleans - The more I see of this defense, the more I appreciate Gregg Williams. I don't care if Jonathan Vilma plays. These guys flat-out stink.
26. San Diego - No touchdowns in six straight quarters and no nothing in the Bolts' last three fourth periods. America's Finest City has one of its most underwhelming football teams.
27. Oakland - Maybe the Raiders should designate Arrowhead Stadium as their home stadium.
28. New York Jets - Sanchez? Tebow? Namath? It makes no difference. The Jets don't have the playmakers on either side of the ball to make it.
29. Cleveland - Accepting the award as this week's MVP is San Diego wide receiver Robert Meachem.
30. Carolina - I guess that ``Win One for Marty'' mantra didn't work. Ron Rivera, listen up: With your GM gone, you're next.
31. Jacksonville - Look at it this way, Jags' fans: It's never a long season in Jacksonville because you always have golf.
32. Kansas City - Someone asked me who I thought the quarterback would be next year - Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn. I go with Matt Barkley.