While this is CSNwashington’s NBA mock draft 2.0, it’s actually the first with the entire first round and the Wizards selection in round two.
There are quite a few changes beyond that, including…
- Several of the lottery picks themselves, starting at No. 2 overall. Do the Bucks take Andrew Wiggins then Jabari Parker, or the other way around? Assuming Joel Embiid goes first, then Milwaukee’s choice comes down to immediate scoring help (Parker) versus all that upside were heard about for a year (Wiggins). Then factor in a report that one of the two is cool with playing for the Bucks and we have a new second pick
- The apparent order of the high-end power forwards. Actually, the lack of consensus in the draft community over when Julius Randle, Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh and Dario Saric has been consistent. For comparison to this version, note Randle went fifth overall in 1.0, followed by Gordon (7), Vonleh (8) and Saric (9).
- As for Randle, this breaking news report about possibly needing foot surgery adds another element to his evaluation. More from ProBasketballTalk.com
- Speaking of Saric, the Croatian star is one of six international players without U.S. college experience projected in the first round.
- And lastly, the Wizards roll with a different player at 46.