Peyton Siva, future Wizards point guard?
The Wizards will bring in some higher profile players as they pick up with their third consecutive day of individual workouts Wednesday.
They have needs at backup point guard, particularly if they're not able to re-sign free agent A.J. Price, and at forward where they lack socring. CSN Washington reported last week that Romero Osby of Oklahoma, who worked out Tuesday, would be here. There's also several on Wednesday's list:
- Peyton Siva (Louisville): The 6-foot PG averaged 10 points, 5.7 assists, 2.3 steals and shot 40.4% last season. He helped himself at the pre-draft combine in Chicago, performing better than expected in most categories. He's a pure point and won't be a scorer. Tenacious defender. He was only a 29% three-point shooter. Being able to get his own shot is crucial to his ability to play on the next level given that he's undersized.
- Will Clyburn (Iowa State): The 6-7 F averaged 14.9 points, 6.8 rebounds and 44.3% shooting. He's a scorer and rebounder but not a three-point shooter.
- Adonis Thomas (Memphis): A 6-5 F, he averaged 11.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 40.5% shooting. If he's chosen it'll be on his potential as he didn't impress in two seasons of college. Has a 7-1 wingspan.
- Elijah Johnson (Kansas): The 6-4 G averaged 9.9 points, 4.6 assists and 38.2% shooting. He's explosive and finishes well in the paint, but he doesn't play as well in the half-court.
- Christian Watford (Indiana): The 6-8 F averaged 12.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 43.2% shooting, including 48.4% from three-point range. He's an excellent spot-up shooter with a 7-foot wingspan but limited in other areas.
- Nick Minnerath (Detroit): The 6-9 F averaged 15.1 points, 5.9 rebounds and shot 46.2% from the field. He has had injury issues since his senior year of high school. He has been hampered by ligament tears in his right knee.