D.C. United announced its preseason schedule today and will kick things off with an Eastern Conference Finals rematch against the Dynamo on Mar. 2 in Houston.
In just two weeks players will report to RFK Stadium to take physicals and fitness testing and will train in D.C. Jan. 18-19 before heading to sunny Florida to train at the IMG Academy. While there, DCU will play Malmö FF (Sweden) on Friday, February 1 at 11:00 a.m.
The club will get some serious travel in before the 2013 season officially kicks off. See below for United's preseason schedule:
D.C. United 2013 Preseason Schedule (all times EST)
January 17: Players report to RFK Stadium
January 18-19: Training in Washington, D.C.
January 20-February 1: Preseason trip to Bradenton, Fla. (IMG Academy)
· February 1: D.C. United vs. Malmö FF of Sweden (11:00 a.m.)
February 2-6: Training in Washington, D.C.
February 7-24: Preseason trip to Orlando, Fla. (Walt Disney Pro Soccer Classic)
· February 9: D.C. United vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies (8:00 p.m.)
· February 13: Sporting Kansas City vs. D.C. United (6:00 p.m.)
· February 16: Montreal Impact vs. D.C. United (1:00 p.m.)
· February 23: Pro Soccer Classic Championship Day (Draw TBD)
February 25-28: Training in Washington, D.C.
March 1: Train and travel to Houston, TX
March 2: MLS opening match at Houston Dynamo (Time TBD)
March 9: MLS home opener versus Real Salt Lake (Time TBD)