Away we go with my first talk blog. Like Bart Scott famously said, "Can't wait!
My first topic ... what else but my first love, basketball. Training camp is four days away and I've got your five burning questions for a successful Wizards season.
1. How will the lockout affect a young team? Seven Wizards are under age 23.
2. Will Andray Blatche be a consistent player night in and night out? Blatche had a sample size of 30 games two years ago when the team traded away Antawn Jamison. During that time Blatche was clearly the best player on the team. He enters this season with a shoulder injury thats 75 percent healed.
3. Is this team ready to compete for a playoff spot? Last season, Washington lost 15 games in the final three minutes of play.
4. Is JaVale McGee ready to take another step to become a dominant big man? Flip Saunders made it clear in his state of the team address last week that if and when McGee decides he wants to be Chris Paul and bring the ball up the court... he will go sit next to my main man Michael Lee of The Washington Post on press row. We will see.
5. How important is it to re-sign Nick Young? Young is a pure scorer with the ability to drop 40 at a moment's notice, especially at Staples Center and Madison Square Garden. Young showed flashes of becoming a better defender last year also.
Well, those are my five burning questions this year. What do you think?
Looking forward to hearing from you guys during the season.