Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Ira Kaufman of Tampa Tribune:
IRA KAUFMAN (Tampa Tribune)
1. Atlanta Falcons - Perfect at home, perfect on the road and perfectly ready for Michael Vick.
2. Houston Texans - Every week, J.J. Watt finds a way to put a charge into this marauding defense.
3. New York Giants - If they can win in Big D, it could be clear sailing to the NFC East title.
4. Green Bay Packers - After some early stumbles, Aaron Rodgers is throwing lasers once again.
5. San Francisco 49ers - They go as Frank Gore goes, and he usually goes a long way.
6. Chicago Bears - With a defense this potent, it's all on Jay Cutler to keep things simple.
7. Baltimore Ravens - Ray Rice made the trip to Houston but he didn't make an impact.
8. New England Patriots - Those fourth-quarter breakdowns have fans fidgety in Foxborough.
9. Seattle Seahawks - Easy, Pete, there's no shame in losing a tough one at Candlestick.
10. Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning vs. Drew Brees is a prime-time matchup worth staying up for.
11. Minnesota Vikings - When all else fails, shove the ball into Adrian Peterson's gut and let him dance.
12. Washington Redskins - RG3 and the Redskins just rolled up 480 yards in the Meadowlands. Special player.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers - Don't kick dirt on these guys as long as Big Ben remains standing, or scrambling.
14. Miami Dolphins - This defense doesn't get enough national pub, and that's a shame.
15. Dallas Cowboys - Here's their chance to sweep the Giants and make things interesting in the division.
16. Philadelphia Eagles - It's all about getting pressure on Matt Ryan, or things could get ugly.
17. New Orleans Saints - Momentum is building and Drew Brees is in top gunslinger form.
18. Detroit Lions - The Tigers are going to the World Series. Their sloppy Motown neighbors appear to be going nowhere.
19. San Diego Chargers - A loss in Cleveland could seal Norv Turner's fate.
20. New York Jets - That killer OT loss at Foxborough might end up serving as an epitaph.
21. Cincinnati Bengals - In a month full of October surprises, they keep finding ways to lose.
22. Arizona Cardinals - Facing a statement game Monday night against the 49ers after three weeks of silence.
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - New head coach Greg Schiano continues to push the NFL envelope, with mixed results.
24. St. Louis Rams - London's Calling and Jeff Fisher's hungry young club is ready for the clash.
25. Indianapolis Colts - Laying down a blueprint for long-term success, page by page.
26. Buffalo Bills - You can't spend all that cash to fix a defense and then give up 32 points per game.
27. Tennessee Titans - Every time you dismiss Chris Johnson, he turns into Gale Sayers.
28. Cleveland Browns - One day, their prince will come, and the Browns will put him under center.
29. Carolina Panthers - GM Marty Hurney just took the fall for a talented but immature quarterback.
30. Oakland Raiders - A year after the death of Al Davis, pride and poise are in short supply.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars - A drab attack could be missing some key weapons at Lambeau.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Perhaps the sight of the dreaded silver and black will shake them from a season-long lethargy.