Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter John Lynch of Fox Sports:
JOHN LYNCH (Fox Sports)
1. Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons are showing that they certainly aren't unbeatable but in the NFL, "you are what you are." That would make them 6-0.
2. Houston Texans - The Texans ran into a buzzsaw in the Packers. I'm not sure the '85 Bears D or my 2002 Bucs D could have done much with Aaron Rogers, who was feeling disrespected and showed it.
3. New York Giants - Statement game for the defending champs as they stomped the 49ers.
4. Baltimore Ravens - A big W with some big losses. Namely LB Ray Lewis and CB Lardarius Webb.
5. Chicago Bears - The Bears defense is scoring TD's at a record pace and the offense is "finding their way." The Bears will be tough to beat with this equation.
6. San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers were punched in the mouth by the G-Men and had no answer. Still a very good team who will contend this year.
7. Green Bay Packers - That is the Packers team and QB we all expected to see in 2012. Some defensive injuries will hurt but if No. 12 keeps playing like he did Thursday night vs. the Texans, WATCH OUT!
8. New England Patriots - The Pats shockingly can't put consistent efforts on the field in successive weeks. Their secondary is struggling to stop the big play as well.
9. Denver Broncos - Can they bottle that second half effort vs. the Chargers? Their schedule lets up moving forward and with a bye week to get healthy, watch out for a major run for the Broncos.
10. Seattle Seahawks - Impressive W for the Seahawks. Russell Wilson and their receivers are starting to make some plays.
11. Pittsburgh Steelers - Not the powerhouse Steelers we have been accustomed to. A great organization that will figure it out and make a run this year.
12. Philadelphia Eagles - Defensive coordinator Juan Castillo is out, is QB Michael Vick next? Stay tuned.
13. Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings are a good team, they just got RG3'd.
14. Washington Redskins - RG3, RG3, RG3, RG3. I'm a believer! Defense will be an issue all year as they are having to "out scheme" teams to make up for a lack of playmakers.
15. Arizona Cardinals - The Cardinals must find a way to keep their QB's upright. Tough duty with their No. 1 and No. 2 RB's out with injuries.
16. Dallas Cowboys - They battled in Baltimore, but are finding ways to loose as opposed to finding ways to win.
17. San Diego Chargers - The Chargers have to find a way to close out games like that. They could be 5-1 right now if they could close.
18. Miami Dolphins - Tannehill is improving by the week and this team is competing every week.
19. St. Louis Rams - They lost a tough one to an improving Dolphins team. The Rams compete hard every week.
20. Detroit Lions - Could this be the game that turns the Lions fortunes around?
21. Cincinnati Bengals - When you lose to Cleveland your moving on down.
22. Buffalo Bills - A quality Win in Arizona after being pummeled by the 49er's the previous week.
23. New Orleans Saints - Can they make a run after their bye week?
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Finally the offensive explosion I have been waiting for. They played some great run D against a KC team that had run the ball very well.
25. New York Jets - One thing you can say about Rex and his Jets is that every time we all write them off, they come out smoking! They found their run game.
26. Indianapolis Colts - I think this team was emotionally and physically drained after their emotional W vs. the Packers the prior week. The Jets took advantage.
27. Tennessee Titans - A big win against Pittsburgh moves the Titans out of the cellar.
28. Carolina Panthers - The Panthers are just not consistent enough right now starting with their QB Cam Newton.
29. Oakland Raiders - They took Atlanta to the brink at Atlanta. They have to learn to finish!
30. Cleveland Browns - Browns got their first win vs. Cincy and are improving.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars - The Mularkey plan will take some time in Jacksonville.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - This team is playing some bad football right now.