Uncertainty surrounds coaches at Redskins Park
At 9 p.m., the league will announce the 2014 Pro Bowlers on NFL Network and NFL.com.
Which Redskins will make the cut? Here are the players who’ve probably got a shot:
- WR Pierre Garçon (Redskins’ record 107 catches, 1,290 yards)
- RB Alfred Morris (1,213 yards, 4.7 yards per carry)
- OT Trent Williams (Redskins’ 4.8 yards per carry ranks 2nd)
- OLB Brian Orakpo (10 sacks, 60 tackles)
- CB DeAngelo Hall (4 interceptions, 3 touchdowns)
- LB London Fletcher (retiring after 16 seasons)
Garçon would seem to have the best chance, but a strong argument can be made for Morris, as well. Williams earned his first trip last season Honolulu last year and has probably done enough to earn a another. Orakpo posted double-digit sacks for the second time in his career and is probably deserving of a third trip to the game. Hall started strong and scored two defensive touchdowns, while Fletcher could earn another bid as a lifetime achievement award.
Don’t forget that there’s been a radical overhaul of the annual all-star game. If you can’t recall all of the changes, click here.
In your opinion, which Redskins are deserving of a spot?