After today’s OTA session, Mike Shanahan updated reporters on some of the team’s injured players. Here’s a quick rundown:
- OL Maurice Hurt, who is battling for a backup role, had his knee scoped but should be ready for training camp, which begins July 25, according to Shanahan. “The doctors made decision to clean that knee out a little bit; it’s been inflamed,” said Shanahan, who did not specify which knee was operated on. “Hopefully there will be no setback.”
- DL Adam Carriker (torn quad tendon) was not on the field for Thursday’s practice and there’s no timetable for his return, either. “The tendon that goes to the knee from the quad, it’s inflamed,” Shanahan said. “He’s not going to be able to go, for sure, until camp. I do know that.”
- Safety Jordan Pugh is suffering from an ear infection and, because of the ailment, did not make his return flight from Dallas this week. He had been working with the first team defense last week.
- LB London Fletcher was on the field taking snaps with the first team defense. During last week's open practice, Fletcher, who had offseason surgery on his elbow and ankle, was limited to working out with the other rehabbing players. “He looked good today, ready to go,” Shanahan said. “He’s our natural leader. …Hopefully he can keep on doing what he’s done.”
- Other players who did not participate in the team portion of practice include: S Brandon Meriweather (knee surgery), CB Josh Wilson (shoulder surgery), WR Pierre Garçon (shoulder surgery), RB Chris Thompson (knee surgery), TE Fred Davis (Achilles’ tendon surgery), LB Keenan Robinson (pectoral surgery), OL Josh LeRibeus (groin muscle pull), TE Jordan Reed (knee/thigh), RB Roy Helu Jr. (toe surgery), S Jordan Bernstine (knee surgery) and CB Chase Minnifield (knee surgery).