Your Friday morning open thread:
With the Redskins’ weeklong hiatus about to come to an end, let’s pick the team’s pre-bye MVP. At 1-3, there aren’t many candidates, but here are my nominations:
- NT Barry Cofield (9 tackles, two sacks, fumble recovery)
- WR Pierre Garçon (on pace for career high 1,350 yards)
- QB Robert Griffin III (on pace for 4,800 yards and 24 TDs)
- LB Ryan Kerrigan (team-best 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles)
- LB Brian Orakpo (3 sacks, two passes defended)
Did I miss anyone? Alfred Morris, perhaps? Feel free to provide a write-in candidate.
As I mentioned, we could debate whether anyone deserves an MVP after an 0-3 start and one measly win in Oakland. But, hey, there’s still a chance they’ll turn things around. So let’s keep thinking positive thoughts—for now.