Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. New York Giants - The bigger the game, the better they play, and still the team to beat.
2. Chicago Bears - At times, their defense has been more explosive than their offense.
3. San Francisco 49ers - Will be interesting to see how they respond to getting blitzed by Giants.
4. Atlanta Falcons - Undefeated, but they don't pass the eye test for being the best team.
5. Houston Texans - Brian Cushing's absence could seriously hurt their defense.
6. New England Patriots - Should be better than .500. It's odd to see them finding ways to lose.
7. Green Bay Packers - When they protect Aaron Rodgers, he can light it up against anyone.
8. Baltimore Ravens - Losing Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb makes defense more vulnerable.
9. Denver Broncos - Peyton Manning still has the magic. That makes Broncos dangerous.
10. Seattle Seahawks - Hard not to like Russell Wilson. Fearless and makes things happen.
11. San Diego Chargers - That was some collapse Monday night. Talented, but can't be trusted.
12. Philadelphia Eagles - Andy Reid is feeling the heat. Firing Juan Castillo proves it.
13. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III is giving defensive coordinators sleepless nights.
14. Minnesota Vikings - Loss to Redskins hurt. Can't afford a losing streak in tough NFC North.
15. Miami Dolphins - Maybe the NFL's most surprising team. Ryan Tannehill is the real deal.
16. New Orleans Saints - Coming off a bye, this team is talented enough to make a second-half run.
17. Detroit Lions - Huge win in Philly. Matthew Stafford seems most dangerous when behind.
18. Dallas Cowboys - Too many mistakes by Jason Garrett, and too many penalties.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Beating Chiefs stopped bleeding. Beating Saints would be bigger.
20. New York Jets - Hard to believe they would be ahead of the Patriots with a win on Sunday.
21. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton had a week off to regroup. Let's see if it helps.
22. Pittsburgh Steelers - Injuries and age leaving them with tough hill to climb.
23. St. Louis Rams - Off day by kicker cost them dearly against Dolphins.
24. Arizona Cardinals - In September they were hot. In October, they're not.
25. Cincinnati Bengals - Heading in the wrong direction. Next game against Steelers is crucial.
26. Cleveland Browns - Pat Shurmur got first win, but he'll need more to keep his job.
27. Buffalo Bills - With the season they've had, they're tied for first in AFC East. Wacky.
28. Tennessee Titans - Having Matt Hasselbeck as a backup quarterback is a huge bonus.
29. Kansas City Chiefs - They changed quarterbacks, but so what? Brady Quinn is not the answer.
30. Oakland Raiders - Could have easily beaten Falcons. Maybe they'll take it out on Jaguars.
31. Indianapolis Colts - Loss to Jets was a reminder that Colts are still rebuilding.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - They had a bye in Week 6. Did you notice they were gone?