Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. New England Patriots - Losing Rob Gronkowski is tough, but Tom Brady will adjust.
2. San Francisco 49ers - Colin Kaepernick. Talk about making a good first impression.
3. Denver Broncos - Von Miller is keeping opposing quarterbacks awake at night.
4. Houston Texans - The defense had a letdown against Jaguars, but Matt Schaub didn't.
5. Green Bay Packers - A five-game winning streak has made them the NFC North favorites.
6. Baltimore Ravens - On track for another division crown after gritty win against Steelers.
7. Chicago Bears - After that Monday night whipping, Jay Cutler can't return too soon.
8. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan keeps winning games, but five-picks games make him MVP.
9. New Orleans Saints - A win over 49ers on Sunday would position Saints for stretch run.
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They're tough and they can score. Josh Freeman is fulfilling promise.
11. New York Giants - Need to get offense back on track. We'll see if the bye helped.
12. Seattle Seahawks - Just 1-4 on the road, they can't afford a road loss to Miami on Sunday.
13. Pittsburgh Steelers - Playoff hopes could rest on whether Charlie Batch can be effective.
14. Minnesota Vikings - To make playoffs, Christian Ponder must become more consistent.
15. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck had a hiccup vs. Patriots, but Colts are still in hunt.
16. Cincinnati Bengals - This team has made a nice resurgence - a serious threat to Steelers.
17. Dallas Cowboys - It was an ugly win over Browns, but Tony Romo made some huge plays.
18. Washington Redskins - They have not packed it in, and with Robert Griffin III, they won't.
19. San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers isn't playing well enough to save Norv Turner's job.
20. Carolina Panthers - Losing close games has become a specialty. That's not good.
21. Detroit Lions - Loss to Green Bay was a crusher. Getting back to playoffs will be tough.
22. Tennessee Titans - Responded to owner's challenge, but will it carry over after bye?
23. Buffalo Bills - Mario Williams looks healthier, which makes the Bills defense better.
24. New York Jets - When Mark Sanchez avoids turnovers, offense can be effective.
25. Cleveland Browns - You can see this team improving, but coach Pat Shurmur needs wins.
26. Arizona Cardinals - How often does Ken Whisenhunt dream about having Peyton Manning?
27. Miami Dolphins - Wheels are coming off the offense. Ryan Tannehill needs to regroup.
28. St. Louis Rams - Still need more overall talent to compete at on a consistent basis.
29. Philadelphia Eagles - Watching the Andy Reid era end looks like it will be ugly.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars - Their entire offense looks better with Chad Henne at quarterback.
31. Oakland Raiders - Hard to win when your defense is getting regularly shredded.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Worst quarterback situation East of Arizona.