Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rick Gosselin of Dallas Morning News:
RICK GOSSELIN (Dallas Morning News)
1. Atlanta Falcons - The reward for a 6-0 start is a bye week for the Falcons. This is the biggest bye week of the NFL season with six teams idle.
2. New York Giants - The Giants are the only offense ranked in the NFL's top 5 with a winning record at 4-2. The NFL's five top offenses have a combined 13-15 record.
3. Houston Texans - The Texans lead the NFL in time of possession at almost 35 minutes per game.
4. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens must carry on without their emotional leader Ray Lewis, who will miss the rest of the season with a torn triceps.
5. San Francisco 49ers - The NFL's top-ranked defense and top-ranked rushing offense is a difficult combination to beat unless you're the New York Giants.
6. Chicago Bears - The Bears are one of four teams coming off a bye this week along with Carolina, Jacksonville and New Orleans. Chicago has the best record of the four coming off byes at 15-8.
7. Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson hasn't scored a touchdown since the opening weekend.
8. Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks rank fourth in the NFL in defense. The five top defenses in the NFL have a combined record of 16-11.
9. New England Patriots - The Patriots aura in the 2000 decade allowed them to win most games by merely showing up. With losses this season to Arizona and Seattle, that's no longer the case.
10. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers has already been sacked 23 times through six games this season. He was sacked only 36 times all of last year.
11. Arizona Cardinals - Speaking of sacks, Cardinals quarterbacks Kevin Kolb and John Skelton have been sacked a combined 28 times. That ranks as the worst pass protection in the NFL.
12. Denver Broncos - The Broncos clearly are never out of a game when Peyton Manning is taking the snaps.
13. San Diego Chargers - The Chargers wore their powder-blue throwback uniforms Monday night. Too bad they don't wear them every game - those AFL Chargers had the best uniforms in football.
14. Cincinnati Bengals - Andy Dalton is the only NFL quarterback who has thrown an interception in every one of his team's games this season.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - The 2-3 Steelers are trying to stay afloat in the playoff chase with their ball security. Pittsburgh has committed a league-low four turnovers this season.
16. Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles have only scored seven first-quarter points this season. Those slow starts seem to put Philadelphia in a hole every week, contributing to its pedestrian 3-3 start.
17. Washington Redskins - Rookie QB Robert Griffin III has now produced more touchdowns with his legs (six) than his arm (five).
18. Miami Dolphins - Reggie Bush is averaging 4.8 yards per rush in his Dolphins career, second only to the 5.1 of Mercury Morris.
19. Buffalo Bills - Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't thrown a touchdown pass in his last two games, nor has he thrown for more than 165 yards. But the 3-3 Bills split those two games for a share of first place in the AFC East.
20. New York Jets - The better RB Shonn Greene plays, the better Mark Sanchez will play.
21. Detroit Lions - Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford's go-to guy in the Detroit offense, has caught 35 passes but scored only one touchdown.
22. Dallas Cowboys - The Cowboys are one of just four NFL teams that have not scored 100 points yet, which puts them in the company of the Jaguars, Panthers and Raiders. That's not the company a playoff contender wants to keep.
23. New Orleans Saints - The bye week didn't help the Saints - they still have the worst defense in the NFL.
24. St. Louis Rams - The Rams are unbeaten at home but winless on the road. That all adds up to 3-3.
25. Indianapolis Colts - The Colts are averaging only 3.6 yards per rush with just two ground touchdowns. Rookie QB Andrew Luck needs more help than that from his rushing attack.
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Buccaneers signed Vincent Jackson in free agency and still have the worst pass offense in the NFC South.
27. Tennessee Titans - RB Chris Johnson has touched the ball 108 times without a touchdown this season.
28. Cleveland Browns - The Browns have already allowed 15 touchdown passes this season.
29. Oakland Raiders - The Raiders have only four sacks this season.
30. Carolina Panthers - Opposing quarterbacks are completing almost 70 percent of their passes against the Panthers.
31. Kansas City Chiefs - The Chiefs lead the NFL with 21 turnovers, an average of almost four per game. You can't win in the NFL when you are continually beating yourself.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jaguars and Chiefs are the only teams in the NFL still winless at home. Both are 0-3.