Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter John Lynch of Fox Sports:
JOHN LYNCH (Fox Sports)
1. Denver Broncos - The Broncos keep rolling and as of now hold the No. 2 seed. This is a team that has the characteristics that translate into playoff success; elite QB, running game, top flight D that can stop the run and get after the passer (Von Miller) and an explosive return game thanks to the midseason pick up of Trindon Holliday.
2. New England Patriots - The Patriots made a valiant Tom Brady-led comeback, but it was the 49er's that made a real statement playing physical football resulting in a big-time win at Foxborough. The Pats need Gronk back on offense.
3. Green Bay Packers - The Packers are getting healthier and poised for a run. Greg Jennings and Clay Matthews are back, Charles Woodson and Jordy Nelson on the way? K Mason Crosby will need to put his so far awful 2012 behind him for the Pack to get where they want to be. It's funny how amongst all of the talk of Manning, Brady, RG3, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, the best one going may reside in Green Bay. His name is Aaron Rodgers.
4. San Francisco 49ers - 49ers were extremely impressive winning on Sunday night in Foxborough. They stay behind the likes of the Broncos and Patriots and Packers because I still need to see more from Kaepernick. He can make the big plays, but will he give the ball away?
5. Houston Texans - The Texans bounced back from their trouncing by the Patriots well. J.J. Watt continued his dominant play with three sacks of Colts rookie QB Andrew Luck.
6. Atlanta Falcons - Hello! Just when everyone was starting to doubt the Falcons they made an emphatic statement against last year's Super Bowl champs. Everyone waits until the playoffs to see if this year's Falcons are different. I say they are.
7. Seattle Seahawks - Domination the last two weeks by the Seahawks! Seattle has outscored opponents 108-17 the last two weeks. If QB Russell Wilson continues to play like this, this defense is for real and this team can make some noise in the postseason.
8. Washington Redskins - Mike Shanahan and his staff are doing a masterful coaching job and the 'Skins are hot.
9. New York Giants - The defending champs laid an egg in Atlanta and the clock is ticking for them to pull it together for another run at the Lombardi. Their history would indicate it possible, their inconsistent play in 2012 would make it hard to fathom.
10. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens are 9-5 but are they unraveling? The defense continues to lose starters to injuries and John Harbaugh's decision to part ways with offensive coordinator Cam Cameron when his team was 9-4? They are now 9-5 and we shall see.
11. Dallas Cowboys - A gutty W against the Steelers.
12. Indianapolis Colts - The 9-5 Colts have had such a special season. Can they hang with the big boys? Sunday against the Texans the answer was no.
13. Chicago Bears - Lovie Smith says "the tournament has begun" and this Sunday's matchup against the Cardinals is a must win. Will the banged up Bears play like it?
14. Minnesota Vikings - AP continues to amaze!
15. Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals can show they are for real as they travel to Heinz Field to take on the Steelers.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers don't seem right. They have two weeks to get back their mojo. It starts Sunday with the visiting Bengals.
17. New Orleans Saints - The Saints woke up again and thrashed the Bucs 41-0.
18. St. Louis Rams - The Rams couldn't contain Adrian Peterson but who has in 2012?
19. Miami Dolphins - The Dolphins had come off losses to the Patriots and 49ers and had a chance to exhale against the lowly Jaguars.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The loss of front line players to injuries, suspensions and trades is starting to reveal itself for the Bucs. A year away for this team, which will be tough to deal with next year provided Josh Freeman shows improvement.
21. Carolina Panthers - Two consecutive and convincing wins for the Panthers as they look like a team trying to save coach Ron Rivera's job. Too little too late?
22. Tennessee Titans - It wasn't pretty, but five turnovers led them to victory against the Jets.
23. New York Jets - Ugly loss to the Titans. Questions abound regarding their QB, head coach, GM. Not good.
24. San Diego Chargers - "Turn out the lights the party appears to be over" for A.J. Smith and Norv Turner.
25. Arizona Cardinals - Four straight W's followed by nine straight losses and the Cardinals win again in convincing fashion against the Lions. If you can call 197 total yards on offense convincing ...
26. Buffalo Bills - The Bills were underwhelming in Toronto as the Seahawks beat them down.
27. Cleveland Browns - The Browns faced the Redskins without RG3 and were introduced to another rookie QB, Kirk Cousins.
28. Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagles were sloppy with the ball and the Bengals capitalized.
29. Detroit Lions - The inconsistent and undisciplined play continues to bite this team full of talent in Detroit.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars - There is always next year.
31. Oakland Raiders - The Raiders leapfrogged the Chiefs after they shut them out.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Tough year for the Chiefs.