Steve Birnbaum excited to be with D.C. United
There may still be snow on the ground but were just a little over a month away from the start of the 2014 Major League Soccer season.
D.C. United will begin its 19th MLS season later this week and their first home game will be against the Columbus Crew on Saturday, March 8 at 7 p.m. EST.
The players will report to RFK Stadium on Saturday, January 25 for physicals. The Black-and-Red will then have a four-day training camp before heading to Bradenton, Florida for a pair of exhibition matches.
Details of D.C. United’s preseason schedule are listed below. Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
D.C. United 2014 Preseason Schedule (all times EST)
Jan. 25: Players report to RFK Stadium
Jan. 26-28: Training in Washington, D.C.
Jan. 29-Feb. 12: Preseason trip to Bradenton, Fla. (IMG Academy)
- Feb. 5: D.C. United vs. Toronto FC (7:00 p.m.)
- Feb. 8: D.C. United vs. Chicago Fire (7:00 p.m.)
- Feb. 12: D.C. United vs. Chicago Fire (10:00 a.m.)
Feb. 13-19: Training in Washington, D.C.
Feb. 20-March 2: Preseason trip Charleston, S.C. (Carolina Challenge Cup)
- Feb. 22: D.C. United vs. Houston Dynamo (5:00 p.m.)
- Feb. 26: D.C. United vs. Charleston Battery (7:30 p.m.)
- March 1: D.C. United vs. Seattle Sounders FC (5:00 p.m.)
March 3-7: Training in Washington, D.C.
March 8: MLS home opener vs. Columbus Crew (7:00 p.m.)